Clarifying the title: “This is the first Nokia Android-powered smartphone under HMD Global” – the company that licensed the Nokia brand for the use of its brand for the next 10 years.
Perhaps, every Nokia fan is waiting for the comeback of Nokia, which we have reported a while ago. And now, we are sure that it is real when Nokia revealed this beautiful Android phone – but don’t get with the hype yet, they say it’s CHINA exclusive.
Expected to debut in China on early 2017, the Nokia 6 is set to be available at JD.com and will be priced at 1,699 Yuan (Chinese-currency), or $245 / Php12,000.
The official Nokia website also features the Nokia 6, along with its promotional video here:
The expected specs are here:
• Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display, 2.5D contoured glass with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
• CPU: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core CPU
• GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
• RAM: 4GB RAM
• ROM: 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
• Camera: 16MP rear camera w/ Laser AF, PDAF, Dual-tone flash, 8MP front-facing camera
• Battery: 3000mAh battery with fast charging
• OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
• Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.85 mm
• 4G LTE
• Fingerprint scanner
• USB OTG
HMD Global is set to reveal more Nokia-branded Android smartphones this 2017, including the entry-level Nokia E1.
Why don’t get with the hype? We all know that Nokia is a great brand, but who knows? A new company will hold and manage the whole stuff, meaning that there is still a possibility of failure, among the big percentage of success this beast might make. It has the good promised specs for its price, unless for the processor (Snapdragon 430? Seriously?). Let’s wait for it to fall into my hands, to do an extensive review and analysis.